trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Weaning question

Currently, DS nurses 4 times a day; before breakfast, before lunch, before dinner and before bed. He is turning 1 next month and after his birthday I would like to drop the lunch and dinner nursings and keep the breakfast and bedtime sessions. I am not sure how long I want to keep those. Is this possible? Will my supply stay ok with only nursing twice a day? What's the best way to proceed? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Drop 1 feeding, wait a week then drop the other feeding. Your body/supply will adjust.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That's what we got down to too. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, definitely possible. You'll have less milk, but that's because DS will be nursing less and needing less. I agree with dropping the feedings one at a time. For me, the ones during the day were pretty easy to drop because we're so active during the day that it's easy to distract baby into "forgetting" they want to nurse at that time. I'd just offer your DS lunch a bit earlier (like when you normally would nurse him) and make sure to offer him milk (cow, or whatever your choice is for post-mommy milk) at lunch.
    Lizi

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yep did that here and at 15 months dropped to just before bed. No issues. I could even skip a night if I wasn't around for some reason. Am guessing she wasn't getting much at the end as stopping totally was no issue. It worked well for us though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk