Default Store suggestion for hard to fit teens and women, small/short or tall/big

I recently stopped in the store Maurice's with my girls because I noticed they had jeans in the store in short, regular and long lengths in several different styles. I also found out you can order EXTRA LONG AND EXTRA SHORT online (never heard of extra short).

They sell clothes that merge between junior and ladies styles, and between regular and plus size. The jeans were BOGO and cost less than $25 each.
    http://www.maurices.com/c/new-arriva...v=new-arrivals

DD2 had just been discouraged at a department store before that, finding nothing that fit, but perked up at Maurice's and said "I like this store." We were shopping for jeans and shorts only. She is almost 5'3" with a curvy figure and wore a short jeans; DD1 is 5'7" and wore their regular length. Their sizes run big. The salespeople were helpful, the dressing rooms attractive and large, and they had nice cushioned chairs for me to wait in outside the dressing room. I should mention that for whatever reason, I and my daughters are not attracted to true teen stores like Abercrombie or Hollister, so this was a better match for us.

The styles do not scream juniors, and cluster in seasonally popular colors, so the store has a certain look that may or may not suit someone's taste. But the salespeople assured me tons of teens shop there, and the range of sizes and lengths in jeans impressed me.
    Last edited by american_mama; 09-26-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Thanks for the recommendation. We have one nearby, and I will take DD (10.5)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

10.5 may be too young to like their styles, unless you are taking her because she is quite tall or hard to fit. Like I said, the look at Maurice's merges between juniors and ladies, but definitely isn't girl or Justice-like. Poke around their website first to see if it appeals to your DD.

My DD2 will be 12 in a month, but is nearly 5'3" and very curvy and hard to fit so ladies sizes usually work better than juniors. She's been out of girl sizes for about a full year. My older DD1 is 5'7" and doesn't like skinny cuts, so she does better with jeans with more room in the thigh.... which usually means ladies.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9