Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Can you take him on a one on one hotel outing sometime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies. He still says he doesn't want me to buy him a ticket, so I guess he's not going.

A trip with just him and me is probably not a choice due to things I won't get into about dd, but I will figure out something he wants to do next summer that is within reason and make that happen.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks for the replies. He still says he doesn't want me to buy him a ticket, so I guess he's not going.

A trip with just him and me is probably not a choice due to things I won't get into about dd, but I will figure out something he wants to do next summer that is within reason and make that happen.
    That's a good idea. You asked him many times, and he said he didn't want to go. Take him at his word, and give him a treat that would be special for him at another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Are they able to text you? If yes, I would be OK with them sitting alone.
    as long as you are in the same section area and can meet up at the intermission if there is one or during the breaks between the opening acts.

If your DS is okay with not going then do something special with him only at a later date. I know for sure my 12 yr. old brother would have loved to see Bruce Springsteen with me and my dad when I was 15, but he didn't pitch a fit and they did something else with just the two of them later on.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-30-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know that I'd rely on a cell phone at that large of a venue. Sometimes you can't get a signal, or the towers are overloaded.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

An update to this thread is that I just ended up buying a single ticket for myself and ds and dd will use the tickets I bought previously. The opening act was announced and its someone ds really likes, so I really wanted him to come (and he agreed). They are sitting in the next section to me, so I felt it was close enough and am hoping it will all work out and we can find each other easily after the show. I guess we will make a plan on where to meet at intermission as well as them having a cell phone to text/call with.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Great update--sounds like a good plan and a night you will all enjoy and remember!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2