Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Definitely go. We went last November, and my older two (both HP obsessed) loved it so much. I'm a HP fan too, and I thought it was amazing! We went two days and got there when the park opened and had zero issues riding the popular rides multiple times. We stayed offsite (also went to Disney). Two days is plenty. You need the park hopper (or whatever they call it) so you can travel on the hog warts express...be sure to take it both ways since it's different each way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I know that is school vacation week for many in thr northeast, so it is usually crowded (i know disney is that week). dont know of that will influence you for the express pass type option/ early admission. definitely look at the crowd calendars,

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post

Pharmjenn, I was seeing a buy 2 days get 2 free on the universal site, but it's not at one of their resorts and I didn't really understand how the 2 days free worked. Is it a deal like this one?
    https://www.universalorlando.com/vac...n-Package.aspx

I'm not a member of undercover tourist. Do I need to be to get the deals?
    You do not need to be a member, they sell discounted tickets. Here is the ticket price page.
    http://www.undercovertourist.com/orl...esort/#tickets

Mousesavers newsletter gets you further discounts but I didn't see a difference for the Universal ones.
    mom to Billy 12/07

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This sounds like a great trip! I went to Universal a few years ago. I don't do the big roller coasters, but I made sure to stand in line for all of the Harry Potter ones to see all of the great things you can only see when you're in line. As people came up behind me, I told them to go around. We stayed at the Hard Rock, and it was nice being within walking distance and having the express pass.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

great tips! Thanks for the undercover tourist ticket price page. That is a great deal!

Good tip on just waiting in the ride lines to see the stuff even if you don't ride, that wouldn't have occured to me

Yep, the crowd calendar is what has me looking at either the early admission by staying onsite or paying for the express pass. Looks busy. But dang new countertops anyway!! I want MEMORIES!

I've started my spreadsheets because I kind of go nuts with this stuff. Thanks for all the links and tips and reviews to start with. Huge help! If you see any screaming deals, please send them my way. So far the cheapest I'm seeing for doing this for just the 2 of us not including airfare is a little over a thousand. Not sure I'm going to be able to convince DH since that's the price of the tv he wants after the other new appliances, countertops, window treatments. ACK!

I definitely plan to keep looking at how to make this happen. I appreciate it!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Fwiw, I booked on Universal on Black Friday last year. Sign up for their emails because I received a buy 1 day, get 2 promo a while back (expired now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Fwiw, I booked on Universal on Black Friday last year. Sign up for their emails because I received a buy 1 day, get 2 promo a while back (expired now).

Ooh, thanks for this. I just signed up

It's very cheap to stay off site. The only expensive thing needs to be the park tickets. Food and lodging can be done super cheaply if you want,

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    It's very cheap to stay off site. The only expensive thing needs to be the park tickets. Food and lodging can be done super cheaply if you want,

Thanks, that's definitely something to consider! do you have any specific recommendations? I would need to have easy shuttle service to/from the parks since we wouldn't have a car.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The Drury gets top marks as does the Homewood Suites. I contend that Cabana Bay is going to be comparable in price though so I'd go for the onsite perks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast