Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    The Drury gets top marks as does the Homewood Suites. I contend that Cabana Bay is going to be comparable in price though so I'd go for the onsite perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm, if the prices are comparable to the Cabana (which my online reading is currently showing) then it looks like Cabana wins for the extra hours, and ablity to walk to the boats for shorter security. Thanks for the feedback!

Looking at airfare, it might be better to have her miss 2 other days of school than the ones she already has off. I don't know if DH will go for that, but it really seems like win win:
    Significantly (like $600 savings) cheaper airfare, some fun discounts on rooms that include things like breakfasts at 3 broomsticks and a photo package and stuff, and cheaper rooms. I guess I didn't realize the room rates would flex like that given different dates. It's $184/night when I'm currently looking, but closer to $124 for other nights the week before. Especially with lower crowd levels on different days, I wouldn't even think about the express pass. Seems worth it to me! Hmmm

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yeah, I had $120-150 in my mind. Surprised by the $184. Definitely a popular time. We took the kids out of school last year to go...

In looking at pulling DD out of school, that cuts the budget by quite a few hundred dollars both for hotel and airfare, that might have to be the move! Thank you!

Of course, all this might be mute as one if my tires quite literally exploded yesterday while driving on the interstate. Thank goodness we're all okay, but I don't know yet what the $$ damage will be since it did a decent number to the inside of the wheel well and will mean 4 tires with my AWD. UGH! I just have to keep looking at all the positives of how that situation worked out since it could have been tragic. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

I'm back! I just can't stop thinking about this. DH and I are not yet on the same page on this, so I'm still looking at how to go cheaper. Has anybody stayed an any of the partner hotels instead of the on-site hotels? It looks like through the universal site IF you buy your park to park tickets through their site when booking the hotel you can get early admission even though it's not the Cabana Bay or Loews. And it with a current promotion it would include 2 days of quick service dining plan. I will admit I haven't bothered to look at dining plans at all.

Best Western Orlando Gateway + (2)4 Day park to park+2 2day QS dining plan+ Early admission for $876. It seems like a great deal, even though things like the tickets are definitely more expensive through universal than undercovertourist. I'm feeling like there's a catch I'm not seeing. Has anybody stayed here? It's about a mile from universal and there is a shuttle.

Rosen Inn? $927 same deal. Anybody stayed here?

Granted, staying at Cabana Bay for early admission plus the undercover tourist deal is $1014 but no meals included in that.

I really want to do the Costco Loews sapphire falls deal for $1159, but no way am I convincing DH of that when airfare and meals are on top of that.

Ugh! I just want to magic upon something... Logically I know these are great deals but that's more than a usual Christmas (by far) Help please!

Where do you see the dining plan offer with the Best Western?
    I hear Rosen is ok but read current Trip Advisor reviews.
    My choice would still be Cabana Bay. . Buy food for your kitchenette to help save $. Breakfast, snacks...

If you really want to save money, stay off site and go to the grocery store to buy food. Tickets are expensive, and there's not much you can do to change that. Everything else can be done budget friendly. We went last year and had zero problems riding all of the good rides and we didn't have those early tickets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I was surfing the internet while eating lunch at my desk at work and stumbled across the whole "partner" hotel thing. Ran another search to see if it was legit. Here's the page that took me to those deals with the inclusions:
    https://www.universalorlando.com/Vac...l-Package.aspx

A search on there turned up the best western and Rosen along with others at varying price points.

DD will not be very interested in rides, just the queues. More just spending as much time exploring her beloved HP in as much detail as possible. She will savor every minute possible, which is why I was leaning towards any option with early admission. If I'm estimating correctly, it will take us an hour to walk about 10 feet....

Georgiegirl, I hear you on staying off site. Do you have a place you recommend? I'd love to open my options. We will not have a car. Thanks ladies!

holy smokes, what a whirlwind. DH is on board! Just not with her missing school. I pointed out how much more crowded it will be and how much more it will cost for the trip if we go when she's not in school and he still insists on not missing. Ok, but if we are going during a (super) high calendar time, I want to stay on property for extra hours and bypass security. Costco has a deal (that's still way more than I want to spend) for Loew's Sapphire Falls that is $80 more than I can do Cabana Bay on my own. + a $150ish costco card when we get back. To bypass the security line would be worth it.

So, now, how do I make this a fun amazing Christmas present to open? Help please!

And I'm off to research how to navigate during a high crowd time. The crowd calendars show 9/10. Any tips there would also be welcome. Thanks for your patience with all of this!

Yay!
    Are the hotels that offer express passes off the table bc I think they are needed for those crowds.
    If she's a HP fan, you can get a Hogwarts acceptance letter on Etsy.

Thanks for hanging in there with me

Yeah, the cheapest I'm seeing one of the hotels with the express pass is $1750 for 2 people for 4 days not including our park passes or airfare. That's more than I'm willing to spend. It's double for what I was originally planning on everything... The one one costco is $1530 for room+4 day park to park tickets. Still more than I wanted to spend, but DH is on board, so what the heck.

Awesome tip on the Hogwarts acceptance letter! Her HP fandom (and her huge disappointment for not getting a letter when she turned 11) is what has lead us down this path. Of to check Etsy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast