Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Do you trust your hubby to find any? b/c I know that unless one jumped up onto his hand and waved hello, my dh would claim not to see any whenever I ask him to check me......

If your kids share your comb/brush, shower cap, or snuggle with you in bed, I'd go ahead and treat yourself.

Hubby: Nope, I don't see any.
    Me: Comb please. [combs] That's a lice egg.
    Hubby: Oh, I didn't see it. That's the only one.

Ahhh, still have nightmares of that experience. 6 women and children all lined up on the floor with the treatment on their heads; the 2 men shaved their own heads. And then, before I treated and vacuumed the floor in their room, Son-in-law let the freshly treated kids roll around all over the floor. Middle DD and Son-in-law were shocked at all the spraying and vacuuming and chemical treating I did. "His family has it all the time, and they never need to do any of this! They just shampoo for a few minutes and go on their way!" Clearly, it was easy to trace how it got into our home! DD had read that hair color kills the nits and louse, so that's what she wanted to do. Told her "my house, my rules" and chemically treated her hair. Suddenly made sense why she was coloring her hair every few weeks when they lived there :-/

Sorry, I'll stop venting now

FWIW, I love Lice Freee! products (although I think that the way they are spelled is stupid). They are available at most pharmacies, inexpensive, all-natural, and proven effective; I think it's a salt-solution that they absorb into their soft bodies and it dehydrates/kills them. I like the spray best and didn't hesitate to spray it in my hair when I treated my kids a couple years back. All three of them got lice in succession but not of them were re-infested after doing their initial treatments/maintenance, and my girls were even sharing a room at the time.
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    No, it was in a tube and was white and thick like shampoo but didn't bubble up. And it was $45 a tube !
    The clear liquid is $200 a bottle, yes, you read that right. It's insane. With insurance, it was like $6 a bottle. I had to to three pharmacies in 4 trips to get all 6 bottles, while on vacation. But it worked.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2