Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Hydroflask question

So I bought a Hydroflask from Dick's Sporting Goods last winter for a Christmas gift for myself from all the love they get on these boards. My question is why doesn't my ice last all day like everyone says. I'll put ice in with cold water in the morning and by noon all the ice has melted. By 3:00 my water isn't even that cold anymore. I keep hearing that people have ice in it all day even after having it outside in 90 degree weather. I keep in in my classroom. I still use it everyday but this has been bothering me and the more I hear them recommend I am frustrated why mine doesn't keep the ice from melting.
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Maybe check to see if it's still insulating properly? This is from the hydroflask website:

1. Flasks that seem to have lost their insulating properties: You can test the insulation of your flask at home with boiling water. Pour from a kettle or pot directly into the stationary flask, filling it all the way to the neck. Exercise caution pouring boiling water into the flask to avoid burns. Do not hold the flask while filling with boiling water. Also, do not place the cap over the flask. After about 5 minutes, feel the outside of the flask (below the neck). If you feel any hot spots, the insulation has been compromised and you are eligible for a replacement.

this may not be true of others but i start with cold filtered water (we keep a brita in there all the time) from my fridge and add ice to that. i also sometimes "prime" the flask by filling it with the coldest tap water i have. but even if i dont prime, the ice lasts all day. i definitely prime if i do hot things.
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

sometimes i dont get to cleaning the bottle until the next morning, 24 hours later and theres still ice. i think checking to see if there is an insulation leak is excellent.
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Maybe you need more ice? I usually fill mine with ice, then add water, and it stays all day.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    Maybe you need more ice? I usually fill mine with ice, then add water, and it stays all day.
    Yes, this is us too. I fill the hydroflask about 3/4 full of ice and then add water.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think yours may be defective. I only put a few ice cubes in mine and cold water and still have ice at the end of the day, even on 90+ degree days.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I think yours may be defective. I only put a few ice cubes in mine and cold water and still have ice at the end of the day, even on 90+ degree days.
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I don't put ice in mine, and the water still stays very cold throughout the day! The outside of the bottle can be room temp or warmer, but the water inside stays chilled. I agree that yours may be defective.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Did you ever drop your Hydroflask on the ground? I heard that the walled insulation can crack with drops. I think yours is probably defective, as my ice lasts a very long time.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast