Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    Did you ever drop your Hydroflask on the ground? I heard that the walled insulation can crack with drops. I think yours is probably defective, as my ice lasts a very long time.
    That explains why my ice no longer keeps! I used to have ice for hours, but now it all melts within an hour or two. I dropped mine a while ago and it has a dent.

I thought it was because I was using the straw lid, but I tried the original lid and everything still melted.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I tested mine and it passed the defective test however I haven't gotten around to returning it yet (and I have dropped mine a few times....it is almost unavoidable IMHO). I notice that when I use the ice and water from the super cold fridges at work the ice stays colder longer than if I use ice from home and tap water.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the advice. I have never dropped it. I usually fill it with 10 or so ice cubes and water from the Brita pitcher out of the fridge. I will try the test to see if it is defective.

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have 2 hydroflasks and never had that happen. I fill them 3/4 with ice and then the rest with water. My husband and I used them in Europe where we filled them in the morning, were out in 90 degree weather all day walking around cities in Italy and at night, we still had ice in them when we went to empty them.

Maybe you got a defective one??
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2