Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default what do you wish you had brought along on your trip

wondering if anyone can offers tips on what we should be thinking about either (a) purchasing ahead (e.g., friends told me it makes sense to buy autograph books and ears ahead and bring with...anything else) and/or (b) just making sure to bring with us because it will make the trip smoother/easier/more comfortable (e.g., bring a pouch for collecting pins, or a separate storage thing for easy access to fast passes, etc)

Will be going in May and kids will be aged 8 and 4

thanks!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is not disney specific but my two things I bring on every trip now are:
    Lots of microwave popcorn for the hotel room
    Suction cups like these to hang wet bathing suits up in the tub/shower area -http://www.target.com/p/suction-hooks-clear-2-pack-interdesign/-/A-14433457

Ponchos in case it rains. Snacks like granola bars, apples etc. Our own dress up costumes and accessories. Ziploc bags to carry random things in.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Glow sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought these and was glad because they are expensive there. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Glow sticks/light up toys for nighttime events, ziploc bags for snacks and other things, ponchos, little fidget toys or mini puzzle books for long waits, sharpies for signatures. Love the suction cup idea from PP- adding that one to my list for next time!

We have done it both ways with autograph books- bought the official Disney ones and made our own to bring. Kids like to add pictures after the trip so last 2 trips we made them with dollar store photo albums and cardstock cut to slip in for signatures. We took a mini clipboard with cut cardstock and sharpie in a ziplock to parks for characters to sign and assembled and added pics w/ each character afterward.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Glow-sticks for sure, granola bars/quick snacks, a stash of grab and go style breakfast foods for the hotel so you don't have to take time to eat breakfast before you to go the parks. It's been said a million times before but take at least two pairs of your comfiest shoes (because inevitably one of them won't be as comfortable as you think after you've walked 10+ miles a day in them), plus moleskin or blister bandages.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The cheap little mister fans by O2 cool. A microfiber rag to dry stuff off/wipe stuff up. A couple of ziplock bags for whatever they're needed for. Body Glide for whatever chafes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Speaking of autograph books, we usually get this kind: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Minni...-/191030771562

They can be left open to the next page for autographs, so no flipping once you're in line & fit perfectly inside a sandwich sized ziploc. That way, if you get caught in a rain shower, the book isn't ruined. Also, bring largish gripped pens for the characters to use. We usually bring something like the Pilot G2s in black. The gel pens are smoother for the characters to write with & the barrel is fairly easy for them to hold through their gloves. The only problem is it takes a minute for the ink to dry.

Oh, and don't forget a power strip for your electronics chargers. There are only so many outlets in your hotel room.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

We gave each kid a Disney giftcard for their souvenir purchases.

It's the one place I like to press pennies, so I do bring a stash of quarters and pennies.

Ziplocs - can never have too many.

Favorite travel tip I picked up years ago was a pop up hamper for the room.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast