Default Backpack for Disneyland

I was hoping someone had a good recommendation for a lightweight backpack for Disneyland. When we were there in April my backpack was just too bulky and heavy. I've heard good things about Vera Bradley. Also looking at the longchamp backpack. Thanks so much!
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Backpack for Disneyland

What do you need to carry? I'm an amusement park minimalist. If it can't fit in my Sherpani cross body and/ or cargo skort, I don't bring it. . I might keep stuff in my car, if hotel not close, for super emergencies. Hate carrying stuff though. Sherpani, Vera Bradley or Kipling would work.
    ETA- the straps on the Longchamp look awful (dig in), just like most of their bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 11-06-2016 at 02:39 PM.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DH has a camelback that he carries. He can stuff 3 jackets in there. I just carry my Vera Bradley crossbody, which carries everything we need- bottle of water or soda, sunscreen, wallet and other small stuff (chapstick, ibuprofen, etc) I also will attach a carabiner to the side rings and carry hats, shopping bags if I need to.
    mom to Billy 12/07

This summer I used a Kavu rope sling bag when we traveled to San Francisco and it worked so well. It was big enough and organized without being too large and heavy. I even wore it when we biked across the Golden Gate Bridge with our kids and it stayed on my back well. I may use it at WDW next month as my larger bag (will stay in the stroller basket most of the time) and use a small crossbody bag for my essentials that fits on rides etc.

DH has a daypack backpack that he got at REI several years ago that is no frills and light for that purpose. It's the REI brand. We've done many day hikes with it and used it at WDW last year. It's much more comfortable than most and very lightweight.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love the llbean stowaway daypack. Light weight, but lots of nice features.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We love this super ligweight backpack, the larger size for sure (folds into its own little pocket).

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q9SHCM6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_23?ie=UTF8&smid=A1WIK7FIS3TB8C &th=1&psc=1

Also love this messenger style bag. We travel with both.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00FOH...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Last edited by urquie; 11-09-2016 at 12:23 AM.

With kids aged 7-13, I think you have a few options....

(1) Minimalist. I bought a small (tiny) cross body purse at Walmart for less than $10. It holds our tickets, our fast passes, some cash, my camera, extra batteries for camera, and my phone. Then I spent $10 for a carabiner clip at Disneyland for a water bottle. Viola!

(2) Kids old enough to go without a stroller are old enough to carry their own bag. Then, each person can have what they think they want/need in their own bag, and mom and dad don't have to carry 5 coats.

(3) No bags. Lockers are on Main Street and Beuna Vista Blvd, as well as in the esplanade. A little less convenient, but a lot more comfortable in my opinion. For me, I *hate* (HATE HATE HATE) Anaheim water. So, I actually bring in a gallon of water and keep it in there with coats.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)