nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Using fastpasses question

Quick question. We are heading to Disney this week. I did my FP weeks ago. However I feel like there are a few FP I got that my youngest and I won't do. I don't like roller coasters and we don't know about DD yet.
    My in laws are spontaneously joining us for part of the trip-they don't even have tickets yet. If we walk up and scan our magic bands for the FP, can they then walk into the ride along with DH and my other 2 kids?? I doubt they will be able to get FP that exactly line up with ours. Some rides they will just be out of luck but a few I know DD and I probably won't do.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Not sure with magic bands. But we swapped tickets when we used out fast passes...like DH would take the kids with my ticket. You can always change the fast passes you won't be using for things your DD likes, like visiting characters. Maybe you can swap magic bands?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Not sure with magic bands. But we swapped tickets when we used out fast passes...like DH would take the kids with my ticket. You can always change the fast passes you won't be using for things your DD likes, like visiting characters. Maybe you can swap magic bands?
    I thought about switching the FP but they are not long rides and I don't want to separate if I don't need to. I will see what is nearby and maybe switch those FP. My in laws won't have magic bands, they are not staying on property and will just use their paper tickets at a kiosk I bet. If that's even possible.

It's our first time at Disney with kids and dh and I haven't been since Y2K New Years!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They will need fast passes to be able to ride. Ticket / magic bands will be scanned at point of entry then a second time near the end of the line. We swapped Magic bands when I last visited. I signed everyone up for the same fast passes but had some in our party that weren't interested in some choices. People rode twice just swapping bands between rides and the nonriders used the time to get a snack or see shops or something else nearby.

Thanks jgenie- the double scanning of the magic bands is exactly the info I was looking for. I don't want to keep taking our MBs on and off. Hopefully my in-laws can get FP times near ours. If not, oh well!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I usually had the magic bands in my purse and we could easily swap them.
    Kris

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I usually had the magic bands in my purse and we could easily swap them.
    We did the same. Adults wore magic bands kids magic bands were in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app