Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    More decisions!

I bought magna tiles last year amd my kids love them. They make towers, houses for their babies, etc. (i have 3 girls). I was going to get another set this year, but now I'm wondering if I should get magformers instead to test out and compare.

Should I stick to one or the other? We couldn't have as big of sets if we have both. Wwyd?
    I'd stick with Magnatiles and get more. My family was used to the Magnatiles, so when I introduced the Magformers, they got a little play, then back to the Magnatiles, just as another poster experienced. I am sure they would prefer the Magformers if we ha started with those, but we didn't.

The Magformers are definitely a stronger magnet, so they can make more complex objects and move them - we had the Ferris Wheel kit, which is a shape that would have crumbled apart with the Magnatiles. But the stronger magnets made them more difficult for my 2-3 year olds to use, because the force of the magnets kept pulling them together before their clumsy fingers could get them set up how they wanted. The older kids liked the complex objects, but still returned to Magnatiles as their preferred tile. And we can NEVER have too many of those. The more we get, the larger their structures.

Ok, I gave in and bought a set. The board is a very bad influence I already need to sort through the Christmas pile and set a few things aside for DS's birthday in February. And I haven't gotten the Imaginext pirate ship he wants yet either...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2