Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Food at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

My family wants to do a Princess dining and this one is still available, but I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the food options. I saw more typical American food options for breakfast, but are there any for lunch or dinner? When I look online the lunch and dinner menus just show Norwegian food choices. The adults we're going with a pretty picky eaters and I'd hate for them not to have any dinner choices.
    dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

We went there for lunch several years ago, and my kids had generic kids things...like pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Sadly I'm not worried about the kids, I saw they had a typical kids menu.
    I'm more concerned about the adults. Is there anything other than Norwegian food on the adult menu?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Baby Bargains mobile app
    dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just looking at the menu they have roast chicken and Swedish meatballs on there. If they don't like those things then maybe they should just skip...they seem pretty benign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went several years ago. I got the Kjottekake. Really, it's just a cross between salisbury steak and meatballs. Not all that adventurous.

From the menu descriptions:
    Kyllingbryst - Slow-roasted Chicken Breast, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Roasted Garden Vegetables, and Red Pepper Purée
    Svinekotelett - Char-grilled Center Cut Pork Chop with Jarlsberg Potato Gratin and Port Jus
    are just plain chicken & pork chops, with a Norwegian name. I think even the picky eaters will be fine, so long as they look at the descriptions & don't get hung up on the name.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

it's a buffet. eat the kids' choices if you have to! that's what I do! LOL
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH is not particularly adventurous when it comes to eating and found things without an issue there. We have eaten there 3-4 times (once for lunch I think, others all dinner) and never had a problem with the food for anyone.

There's a buffet with cheeses, smoked fish, turkey and ham and some type of hard sausage, salads, and fruit. The entrees are ordered from a menu, not buffet style. They have some faintly Norwegian things on the menu, but they also have chicken breast and cod and pork chop that are basic and served with simple vegetables. The beef is similar to a pot roast. Except for the pot roast, which is braised in the sauce, they will serve any sauces on the side if you request it. The meatballs are pretty much like IKEA's. Here's a menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/akers...et-hall/dinner

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DH is extremely picky and he had no trouble eating lunch here.

We did several princess meals and this was by far our favorite. The setting is beautiful and the princess interaction seemed best here.

Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We ate here in 2013 and I thought the food was terrible. I'm a picky eater and I had a hard time selecting something from the menu. The Princess interaction was very similar to other character dinners (we have been to Disneyworld several times and have tried ALL the Character meals)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast