Default Best deal for Magic Tracks or similar (Bend A Path, Twister tracks) and feedback

I did a search and couldn't find anything posted on BBB about these toys. Does anyone have one of the brands or similar? pros, cons? Best deal out there??? We have seen them several places and the kids like them and they look fun so I am curious. So far I found a couple different brands. Feedback would be great! I am thinking the best deal for Magic Tracks could be at Bed Bath and Beyond with coupons. We need at least 2 vehicles so if I go that route I need to buy 2 sets. I also found these. The HSN set comes with 2 cars, a carrying bag which is nice, and batteries to start with. Seems like an inexpensive gift option especially if the kids get tired of them. QVC has a set with 3 cars and option of adventure vehicles or race cars, plus 5 colors of track vs 4 with the other brands, but, the reviews don't seem as good and supposedly the packaging isn't gift worthy (brown box) and no storage bag. Magic Tracks has there own site but, it appears they are horrible about shipping and can't be guaranteed by Christmas although they have a decent deal on there and I think they include a storage bag. I think out in the retail stores the magic tracks don't have a bag. Not a huge deal breaker, just nice to have. I am sure these toys are kind of cheap and gimmicky, but, I thought maybe just a surprise gift since we have plenty of "quality" toys like Magna tiles, Magformers, Tons of Legos (Sets and basic bricks) wooden Thomas sets etc. My kids are older now so they are not as rough on things. I am sure I would have not even thought about it if they were toddlers! I have also seen these sets on Amazon and we have prime so that is also an option.
    Thoughts and recommendations appreciated!!

https://www.hsn.com/products/bend-a-...nd-bag/7783696 Good price with 2 cars.

and these

http://www.qvc.com/Twister-Trax-15-G...5.html?sc=SRCH

Here are the magic tracks and I have seen them at Walmart, Toys R Us, BJ's, etc.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...d=magic+tracks

Just found these from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Mindscope-Twi...KVKM735QH8JGHQ
    Last edited by Blakes Mommy; 11-16-2016 at 12:56 PM.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My dad got a set for DS2 last year- I don't know what brand they are but knowing my dad, he probably got them from a deal-a-day site (probably woot, if that's still around). They are pretty cool and DS2 does play with them occasionally. He has 2 cars but the battery on one has corroded a bit and I'm not sure if DH is willing to clean it up to make it useable again. I like how you can make a small loop and the car will drive around inside the loop across the floor like a hamster ball.
    I don't know if any deals so I'm just giving you our experience.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Baby Bargains mobile app

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I don't know of any deals, but I do know that my kids adore these! One set was gifted to my kids, and they loved them so much that grandma decided that a second set was in order to avoid fights. Not sure of brand, I'm pretty certain that my mom got them at Farm and Fleet. Ours has a couple of "X" shaped pieces to make loops, and bridges to go over existing track. Like I said, my kids adore them.

Thank you both ( Punkyboo and elmojessi) for feedback! I haven't decided yet...The more I have read and searched there are tons of options! Some glow in the dark, some don't. There are sets with bridges, loops, etc..I am thinking just to go basic and get a brand (possibly mindscope neo tracks/twister tracks) that have other options so I can get more track or accessories if it's a big hit. I already have a few big presents so this would just be an extra. Happy Holidays!!

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a couple sets from home shopping network - lazy grandma shopping, plus a bunch from consignment sales (cheap mom shopping) and the DC love to set them up on a snow day/inside day all mixed up with a few friends over. They're out for special occasions, but not all the time.