lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Storing Fleece Throws Attractively

We have several fleece throw blankets that we use during the cooler months to keep off the chill from several drafts in the living room.

It's not practical to have them folded & draped over the backs of the couches (DD inevitably climbs or jumps on the furniture, knocks them off, and refuses to pick them up) so I'm trying keeping them rolled & tucked underneath throw pillows. This is also impractical because DD won't re-roll them and DH doesn't seem to understand the concept.

I need them easily accessible, even for DD, but stored in such a way that they're unobtrusive. Attractive is a plus.

Would using some kind of basket or bin work better?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

We use an end table that has a built in bin/basket type storage space underneath for this. If you have a place for it, I think a cute basket would be a good solution.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

We have small cube ottomans with tops from target- one upstairs and one downstairs. Toss in and throw the lid on. I can't count on anyone to put anything up in an open basket type thing.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have a sofa table behind our sofa that has a low shelf that runs across the bottom. We stack our throws there. Kids and DH make their best attempt at what appears to be folding.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have a basket that sits under our end table, but the blankets have to be folded at least a bit for them to fit. I'd consider something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Dorel-Living-...torage+ottoman
    Lizi

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    We have a sofa table behind our sofa that has a low shelf that runs across the bottom. We stack our throws there. Kids and DH make their best attempt at what appears to be folding.
    Lol...that's a nice way to put it!

We keep ours over the arm of the couches, I just keep refolding and restacking them when I get annoyed with everyone else's "attempts" to fold them.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

All our throws live inside our ottoman.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use a basket under the sofa table. Although the two most frequently used ones are rarely in there, LOL.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I would love to have a storage ottoman again, but it's not an option because of DH's doggone recliner. (Oh, and DD climbs.)

Looks like I'm in search of a basket to go under the endtable - there's space underneath that would fit something roughly the dimensions of a bin for a KALLAX or the Target Threshold brand knockoff.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

On Thursday's IKEA run, I got an unfinished pine apple-crate which fit all 4 throws ... and fits comfortably under our endtable. Storage solution found!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)