Default Microphone or Karaoke system?

My 8 year old loves to sing along with songs on her ipod/youtube, using whatever object she can find as a "microphone", putting on various talent type shows for us. So I am thinking she'd love a microphone of some sort that can hook up to her ipod. I can't quite figure out what to get and was leaning towards one of the singing machine brand karaoke systems but was too late to get any of the ones on sale on black friday. Maybe I don't need something as big as a karaoke system. When I search the old forums I saw someone posted (years ago though and no link) microphone that connects to an ipod - anyone have advice on that route?
    Michelle

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We got our DDs a karaoke machine last year for Christmas. It was actually for the 6yo but both girls use it. This one can hook up to an iPod. Sometimes DD2 just turns on the mic and sings her own stuff. But they mostly use it with various karaoke CDs that have current hit songs. They like seeing the words on the TV and singing along because quite frankly some of today's hits are hard to understand the words to!

https://www.amazon.com/Electrohome-M...ywords=karaoke

The CDs we have are by Party Tyme.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We bought this one two years ago for our DD. She was 6 at the time and she still uses it daily. She loves to perform! We've been very happy with it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009