Thanks for the replies. Ds does have some kids he can play with in the neigborhood, but mostly because they are younger/less mature than he is, he doesn't do it that frequently. They're not into just going outside..and the weather is not great in the winter. When they were younger, I would direct them to things, but nothing really stuck. Neither kids has really gotten into legos. Dd will do crafts if she or I have a very specific ideas and all the right materials...but not just something she can pick up and do regularly if something she likes is not planned. With ds, I am not even sure if I should make this a thing or not...he reads a lot and is just as interested in reading as screen time...just doesnt want to read only, which I don't blame him for...he's also not home as much as dd, who is home after school. As far as mazes, crossword puzzles, etc, I think they might do them for a short while but then not anymore. Both kids did color penciling for a while, but tired of it. So, this may just be how it is here...I will say both kids are naturally physically active and just move a lot. Ds plays soccer from April-October and dd is not doing any organized sports, but somehow does keep moving.