Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Other than screentime, what else do your kids do with their downtime at home?

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Haha, my super athletic DS2 does this too. If he's not doing screen time then he's bouncing some kind of ball off the hallway, dribbling a soccer ball, or basketball! I can't even get him to brush his teeth without playing with a ball at the same time! Sometimes he even takes a soccer ball in the shower with him! It can be super annoying and loud at times but he has great ball handling skills when he's at his actual soccer and basketball games so maybe it's paying off lol!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    DS1 has a ball problem too. Just the other day he thought he'd kick his football off the tee in our living room. I told him "we don't kick balls in the house," and he replied that he was just doing an onside kick...so no need to worry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    DS1 has a ball problem too. Just the other day he thought he'd kick his football off the tee in our living room. I told him "we don't kick balls in the house," and he replied that he was just doing an onside kick...so no need to worry.
    Yeah, I gave up on the "we don't kick balls in the house" years ago because it just never worked!!! For years, we also had a 6 ft tall basketball hoop in our living room!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I have an 8yo niece and a 4yo nephew. They got next to zero screen time and during the school days we have them go to dance/music/kungfu classes (they pick classes they like). Also have them do certain chores around the house, and their parents are planning to have them take care of the weeds in their backyard so they can have more outdoor time and get some dirt and tan. Other than that my niece enjoys reading and nephew loves playing with the dolls.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4