Default need GF/DF Christmas Eve dinner ideas

My DD1 was just diagnosed with Celiac. My sister is on a dairy elimination diet while BFing right now. So....Christmas Eve is complicated! LOL

ANYone have a main course idea for dinner that fits both of these needs? TIA!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A roast? Fruit stuffing. My mom makes one with no bread just various dried fruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ham, brisket or turkey would be fine, right? For sides: green beans, mashed potatoes (with chicken broth instead of milk and butter), spinach salad with dried cranberries and walnuts.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We eat similarly. I often approach meals in terms of protein (plain or with a safe sauce), veggie, veggie, fruit sides. PP suggestion is a good one. We often do ham with sweet potatoes (marshmallow topping or roasted whole and served with olive oil and sea salt), greens/green beans/roasted brussel sprouts, black eyed peas, etc. For a fruity dessert we do a raspberry jello with whole raspberries.

Or turkey, mashed potatoes (dairy free--I make mine with yukon gold potatoes,coconut milk, olive oil, s and p and they are fab), peas or broccoli, and green salad. Gluten free brownies would be a good dessert.
    K