Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes to Sleeping Queens.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    My almost 6yo niece likes math and "math games" was put on her wish list. Anyone know of any math cards or games on a 1st grade level that might be a fun gift?
    Sum Swamp!

My daughter got it for her birthday and just pulled it out last night to play again. Her choice
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes to both Sum Swamp and Sleeping Queens!

We are also getting this Countdown game for Christmas - haven't played it so I can't vouch for it, but it looks fun:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002...deal+countdown
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I think that the math Zingo version might be too easy. I found out that she's doing some multiplication, but mainly likes adding and subtracting.

With that in mind, would Sum Swamp be a good fit for her? Is it adding and subtracting numbers 1-6? (Just guessing based on the dice that I saw in a photo!)

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Sleeping Queens, just want to find one more thing to put in the package!

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have Math Dice, Countdown, and Zingo that the girls have enjoyed playing. DD2 (8) still enjoys them all, but DD1 (10) has moved onto harder math in school so considers these games too easy.

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I think that the math Zingo version might be too easy. I found out that she's doing some multiplication, but mainly likes adding and subtracting.

With that in mind, would Sum Swamp be a good fit for her? Is it adding and subtracting numbers 1-6? (Just guessing based on the dice that I saw in a photo!)

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Sleeping Queens, just want to find one more thing to put in the package!
    I'd look at Math Dice or Yahtzee for her. DS loved adding Yahtzee scores at that age.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Prime Climb is amazing, but may be a bit old for her. DS2 was playing it at that age with DS2 though, and is pretty middle of the pack in respect to math. If she's particularly interested in math she'd likely love it and wouldn't outgrow it anytime soon. There are rules based on math ability that would help scale it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2