Thread: Bloxels?

Default Bloxels?

Anyone have this? Thoughts? I should be done shopping but this is piquing my interest. If it works well, I think my kids would love it. But some Amazon reviews say it's frustrating. We would use it with an IPad if that makes any difference?

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Anyone have this? Thoughts? I should be done shopping but this is piquing my interest. If it works well, I think my kids would love it. But some Amazon reviews say it's frustrating. We would use it with an IPad if that makes any difference?
    My DS1 was all excited he got it last year. But he's has had a really hard time getting it to work at all. He's had some coding classes before but this just frustrated him and he gave up on it. I haven't looked into it with him to see if it's just user error, but he's more tech savvy than I am anyway so I'd probably only be helpful if he'd missed an instruction or something.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Thanks. I think we will pass for now.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had an app that my kids played with for a while a couple years ago. I think it's similar in concept to Bloxels, but a much smaller investment. It's called Pixel Press Floors. You can print out special graph paper from their website and fill in the boxes to design a platform style video game. Then you take a picture of the graph paper with the app. That was cool but made a fair amount of mistakes you had to correct. You could also skip the paper and just design right in the app. It was fun while my kids were into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    We had an app that my kids played with for a while a couple years ago. I think it's similar in concept to Bloxels, but a much smaller investment. It's called Pixel Press Floors. You can print out special graph paper from their website and fill in the boxes to design a platform style video game. Then you take a picture of the graph paper with the app. That was cool but made a fair amount of mistakes you had to correct. You could also skip the paper and just design right in the app. It was fun while my kids were into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, Bloxels is the latest endeavor from Pixel Press. Same concept, minus the required hardware.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12