Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Exploding Kittens question

I think this game might actually be fun for my whole family, which is tough (kids are 7, 11, and 16 so they never all like the same thing). But can someone explain the exploding part? My daughter is a committed vegetarian because of her concern for animals, and really doesn't enjoy any books or movies that show animals being mistreated. Will she be unable to enjoy this game?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I sure hope she could enjoy. It's just silly. But, yes, the kittens explode but the cards are all cartoons and you don't see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, thanks. Is it really fun? And worth the price? I keep reading in the Amazon reviews that it's like Uno, except simpler? Then why does it always cost $20?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It really is fun. All ages play together here and enjoy it. I find it more interesting than Uno. As for the price, well, I'm used to good games costing that much.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

There are two versions - a more adult one and a more family friendly one. Don't get the NSFW, get the original.

ETA - there is a sale listed on the website. And an expansion pack!

https://www.explodingkittens.com/buy

I find it super boring and honestly don't recommend it. My kids think it's funny, though (4 and 7).

I never would have said it was like Uno, and especially not simpler. I think it's really fun/funny, and I have only played with adults (the regular version, not the new NSFW version.)
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Well, my teens will actually play Exploding Kittens, so it has been so worth it for a little bit of family time. Quite a bit more strategy/fun than Uno.

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It's more like russian roulette than uno. You can google search pics of the cards to see if the artwork would be offensive to your daughter. I think it is a good game to span a large age gap.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We like it too. It starts off slow but when the deck starts to dwindle, it gets more fun.

We also like Sushi Go and Fluxx

Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast