diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default how to rescue these Fuggs? rain stains look ugly..

my DD has the ugg knockouffs from costco. she wore it to school on a rainy day and it was wet outside, we let it air dry. the shoes are totally dry, but it has an ugly stain on the front. plz see picture. is there any way to rescue the boots and make them look clean and nicer without stain now? or do i need to buy new shoes for her?

in future how to prevent this type of staining?

20161218_152911.jpg20161218_152902.jpg

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Try blotting with rubbing alcohol.
    You need to spray them with water protection. You can find it near the shoes at Target, for example.
    I certainly wouldn't buy new shoes for a kid just because they look like they've been worn. It's a losing battle to keep them perfect. But, do try the rubbing alcohol and then spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Try blotting with rubbing alcohol.
    You need to spray them with water protection. You can find it near the shoes at Target, for example.
    I certainly wouldn't buy new shoes for a kid just because they look like they've been worn. It's a losing battle to keep them perfect. But, do try the rubbing alcohol and then spray.

Is water repellant like this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2F93WGQDLVWC9

Are they any cheaper than this, I think 13$ is too expensive..

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm sure the Ugg brand stuff would work but not necessary, I don't think. They stuff I'm talking about is at Target and costs $5. http://www.target.com/p/kiwi-shoe-po...l/-/A-13290940

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have done something like this to clean DD's F'uggs. I find a suede brush is really helpful after they dry in getting the suede surface to look good again.

http://www.bigskyfishing.com/snow-bo...-ugg-boots.php

I also spray on the Ugg suede protector at the beginning of very season. We are in a really wet climate, so they take a lot of abuse here.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use the Kiwi stuff from Target. There are different kinds though, so read carefully! I have one bottle for leather and a different one for suede.

I would put them in the washing machine with a comforter and see how they came out. After they're clean I'd water proof them with that spray stores have in the camping aisle.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk