Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default S/o...Gift ideas for 14yo DS (beg beg!!)

14yo DS's list is short and $$$. We have a ~$100 budget for him and none of his wish list items are close to this price point, even with drastic price reductions. So...ideas would be greatly appreciated. ❤️ TIA.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A drone? Money (look in the Bitching Post, someone posted some clever ideas how to wrap it) to save up for his $$ wishlist?

What are his interests?

Default S/o...Gift ideas for 14yo DS (beg beg!!)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    A drone? Money (look in the Bitching Post, someone posted some clever ideas how to wrap it) to save up for his $$ wishlist?

What are his interests?
    Thank you!! I was considering $ but he is really bad about saving his $...still a possibly as eventually he will learn. His main requests are an iPhone and a hover board.

He is in Boy Scouts (he is set for camping gadgets) and band. He loves video games and his only reasonably-priced gift request is a video game with a boatload of violence...not happening. Any XBOX One game recc's that are NOT crazy violent and full of adult language? That would be a huge win!!! He also used to like Legos...not sure anymore. He reads a lot but he is picky about series.

His birthday is next month. Thinking a cash gift from Santa (fingers crossed he'll save it for a month) combined with a birthday cash gift might be a good thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SASM; 12-17-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My son is 13 yo and likes Skyrim. This year I allowed him to play COD with no sound. It is the only game he can't beat and lasts a while.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How about a Kindle or a RipStick?

Ray794 --- Thank you! I think that I just looked at Skyrim. Is it the Elder Scrolls/Bethesda website? If so, this looks very interesting with dragons, etc. I am just leery about gaming sites with adults, etc. I cannot find out any info from the website. Can you do this from a Chromebook or is it only on laptops? Good to know about COD...this is one that he really wants. The gore bothers me just as much as the language but I probably should loosen the reigns a little.
    Last edited by SASM; 12-17-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    How about a Kindle or a RipStick?
    Thank you so much! He has a Ripstick and uses our family Kindles, Nooks, Paperwhite, etc. He prefers his iPod. I wish he would ask for an e-reader...he just prefers physical books.
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Thank you!! I was considering $ but he is really bad about saving his $...still a possibly as eventually he will learn. His main requests are an iPhone and a hover board.

He is in Boy Scouts (he is set for camping gadgets) and band. He loves video games and his only reasonably-priced gift request is a video game with a boatload of violence...not happening. Any XBOX One game recc's that are NOT crazy violent and full of adult language? That would be a huge win!!! He also used to like Legos...not sure anymore. He reads a lot but he is picky about series.

His birthday is next month. Thinking a cash gift from Santa (fingers crossed he'll save it for a month) combined with a birthday cash gift might be a good thing...
    I like giving a gift in addition to money. How about an Xbox game like you mentioned? I'm really new to Xbox (kids are getting one this year) but some popular games I've seen: FIFA, Madden, Forza Horizons, Plants Vs Zombies, Minecraft, any of the Lego games (eg, Jurrasic Park, Batman/Marvel, Harry Potter, Star Wars Force Awakens just came out). What is the game he asked for?

eta, must have crossed posted. See that the game is Call of Duty. I know my son and his friends have played it. I asked him about and he said it's not really that bad as far as language and violence (depends on your kid though). He said the one with zombies (?) was super gory though. DS is 13.
    Last edited by liz; 12-17-2016 at 12:02 PM.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

COD is very violent and intense. We don't own it for that reason. Like you I've got younger kids, and that violence isn't something I want to expose any of my kids to here at home. DS likes the Final Fantasy games, and while there still is violence it's not as intense and there are many other elements to the story. His favorite games are Zelda games. Also much less violent and with a focus on puzzles and adventure. Both are games that I don't mind having on in the house while my younger kids are around.

ETA: What about one of the Lego video games? Those are family friendly and interesting. It would fit with his interest in Legos, too. The Star Wars Lego games are the best, according to my DS and DH.
    Last edited by California; 12-17-2016 at 12:52 PM.

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What about the Electric Ripstik? Target has it for $150.00 and with the $25 off $100 - would that be similar to the hoverboard?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast