khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default XBox One....Kinect?

I've posted before about how we are getting an XBox One for Christmas. I want to buy DD the Just Dance 2017 game but I dont have Kinect. Should I buy one? I see you can also you a cellphone app. But my kids dont have cell phones. DD has a iPod Touch 5....will that work? DS doesnt have an ipod touch. He has an Ipad Mini, but seems like that would be too heavy and big to hold on to while you dance, right? So is Kinect the way to go? DH has an unused samsung phone that we could put an app on. So if we can use my cell phone, DD's ipod touch and the Samsung phone I suppose we could get by without the Kinect.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't imagine doing just dance with a cell phone. We have a Kinect. I'd be afraid of my kids dropping/throwing a cell phone while dancing. I would get a Kinect if you plan to get just dance.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks. I just thought about it and decided I should buy it for our Wii instead. That way there we get to use the Wii Controllers and I dont have to purchase the Kinect.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    Thanks. I just thought about it and decided I should buy it for our Wii instead. That way there we get to use the Wii Controllers and I dont have to purchase the Kinect.
    That sounds like a good plan!! We did the Kinect and just dance for a birthday present this past summer. We already had the Xbox one.