Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Which game console for a 6yo? Xbox, PS2, etc? Also want a guitar game for 6yo

We have a first-generation Wii and want to get a new system. Which is the most user friendly for a 5-6yo? (Not WiiU since it's being discontinued.)

Can anyone recommend a few games we should get to start for our almost 6yo? Specifically we want a guitar game for whichever system is recommended. DC wants an electric guitar for Xmas, but we are thinking getting a guitar game might be the way to go instead.

Appreciate any recs.
    Last edited by mackmama; 12-20-2016 at 04:24 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Get a WiiU. It has the best games for a younger kid and is easiest to use. Yes, it's worth upgrading from an old Wii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Get a WiiU. It has the best games for a younger kid and is easiest to use. Yes, it's worth upgrading from an old Wii.

I thought all Wii products have been discontinued? If so we'd prefer to get something else.

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    I thought all Wii products have been discontinued? If so we'd prefer to get something else.
    True, the Switch forgot about that. But, I still think a WiiU is more user friendly. I'm sure you can find one used if cost is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    True, the Switch forgot about that. But, I still think a WiiU is more user friendly. I'm sure you can find one used if cost is a concern.

Thanks - we don't want to invest in something that's discontinued since then I imagine new games won't be made for it.

Hoping others can chime in with recs - thanks! Need to buy this Asap!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Guitar hero and guitar hero live get better ratings on the PS4. My 8 yr old has played his brothers off and on when we visited him at college. He only played the FIFA. We did not have the guitar hero
    Last edited by JBaxter; 12-20-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    Thanks - we don't want to invest in something that's discontinued since then I imagine new games won't be made for it.

Hoping others can chime in with recs - thanks! Need to buy this Asap!
    Find then just buy the XBOX One with Kinect. Plenty of people have suggested it in other threads.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When we looked a year or so ago, we decided the Wii U was the way to go. Given that they are discontinuing it, I would still buy it. The other options didn't have enough "kid friendly" games to get us through the next few years. The kids are now 8 & 4. DH wanted to buy them an Xbox just so they could play Madden and I said no way. I'm not buying them a system where they can only play one game. Is there a new system coming out from Nintendo? I haven't really been following it.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Xbox one. My oldest is 7, and he has been playing x box since he was 3. He likes the lego games (avengers, Star Wars, etc). He also like lego dimensions. We have the Kinect, but only use it for just dance.

Goodness sounds like I need to do a little more research. I didn't know there was an Xbox vs an Xbox with Kinect. This stuff is all a new language to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast