Default Urination frequency

We adopted a beagle mix 2 weeks ago and the past couple of days she has been having pee accidents in the house. She isn't fully housebroken and only about 4-5m old. She doesn't exhibit any other symptoms of UTI, we did just switch over her food from Nutri-source to Taste of the Wild completely. Seems very coincidental? TOTW is grain free but not as high in protein as nutri source. Not sure if food can cause an increase in urination? Could be a number of things but wasn't sure if food related, asymptomatic UTI, being a puppy, or what. It's been a couple of years since we have had a dog and have forgotten so much!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Is it like 3 in an hour or is it like 30+ mins after she was last out? If it's a lot in an hour I'd take her to the vet else I'd assume it was potty training work. Our lanradoodle didn't fully potty train til he was 6 months old (and he is now 9 months and suddenly has had 2 accidents this week argh)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Food could definitely be a reason. I would also monitor her water intake. Puppies like to drink water because it is fun and often drink way more than they need. Give her small amounts of water at a time. Also, are you taking her out during the night? IME if they are holding urine too long at night it can cause more accidents during the day. At 16-20 weeks she should only be able to hold urine about 6 hours.