Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Please be sure to check your dates against the Sturgis bike rally in SD. You will not find a hotel room and if you do the price will be outrageous. You should be fine going to LaCrosse without a reservation, although I would. The interstate actually is closer to Onalaska than LaCrosse anyway.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    Please be sure to check your dates against the Sturgis bike rally in SD. You will not find a hotel room and if you do the price will be outrageous. You should be fine going to LaCrosse without a reservation, although I would. The interstate actually is closer to Onalaska than LaCrosse anyway.
    I had a set of reservations for August and then found it was the week of the rally! So we shifted to July. We will be there in early July and in the Mt. Rushmore area on the 4th. It might be busy, but at least not as crowded as during the bike rally!

I'm going to not make something for the way out. We have a few choices that are similar in mileage - up through WI and across MN, through IA and then up the Mississippi River, or into IA and up into MN. I figure we'll see what construction zones are like and monitor average traffic before we leave.
    Kris

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure this helps, but we decided to stay in Custer SP. Seeing the buffalo was really important to the kids, which is all kinds of bizarre because DH's family owns a bison farm locally and they have unfettered access. So be it.

I did email the VRBO owner of the property that I linked above and was very impressed. They have a spot called the Chessie cabin that I think may work well for your family and is super budget friendly.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I'm not sure this helps, but we decided to stay in Custer SP. Seeing the buffalo was really important to the kids, which is all kinds of bizarre because DH's family owns a bison farm locally and they have unfettered access. So be it.

I did email the VRBO owner of the property that I linked above and was very impressed. They have a spot called the Chessie cabin that I think may work well for your family and is super budget friendly.
    Thanks. I'll look at it again. We are off to a waterpark today because our break is entirely too long and we need to do something!
    Kris

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Thanks. I'll look at it again. We are off to a waterpark today because our break is entirely too long and we need to do something!
    They're still on break? Yikes. Ours started too early IMO.

I have our reservations all set, with the exception of the drive home and Cody. It was quite the project - here's hoping it works out well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4