Default DISNEY EXPERTS! Help with Swan/Dolphin and planning :)

Random occurrence that I was able to find and book a room at the Swan and get 5 day park hopper tickets for a great rate so we are headed back to Disney in mid- June (yikes, heat!)

We have been once before but stayed near MK in BLT.

I'm reading about the transportation opportunities at the Swan and trying to understand. Need a resort map

Shows you can boat or walk over to Epcot but you enter at World Showcase instead of where we did last time - Future World/Land? We did a FP for Soarin' that time as it was very near that entrance and then worked our way down to the World Showcase.

However, seems like it makes more sense to start backwards based on where we would enter? To complicate, trying to figure out how to strategize for a FP for the Frozen Ever After ride. Most plans say to get in the evening but that is based on ending the day in World Showcase. Since I can only do 1 FP what's my best strategy? I was also thinking that maybe we do an evening FP on the day that we go to AK as I'm sure we will only stay part of the day and then do pool time. Is that a better plan?

Also any tips from moving around from this location? Anything new beyond the Frozen ride since last December?

Thanks!

We are only doing 1 character meal this trip and holy bejeezus the price of CRT!! Seems like this has quadrupled the past few years

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was also thinking that maybe we do an evening FP on the day that we go to AK as I'm sure we will only stay part of the day and then do pool time. Is that a better plan?
    Would you have FP+ for AK on that day? In which case you would not be able to get FP+ at Epcot for the same day until you have used all 3 of the AK FP+. By then the Frozen ride will almost certainly have no FP+ available.

We often stay at the Boardwalk and will be there a couple weeks after you. Epcot and DHS are both about a 15 minute walk from the Swan/Dolphin. It is almost always faster to walk than take the boat. although the boat is pleasant when you are hot, tired, and your feet hurt.

It still makes sense to start your day at FW and then wander over to WS when it opens. I would aim for an early-ish FP+ time for Soarin' (the new movie is awesome!) and do the other nearby rides while you wait for the FP+ window to open.

We usually get FP+ for Soarin, Spacship Earth and Mission Space. We were there for a last minute trip over Christmas and there were no FP+ for Frozen, so we didn't ride it. We did Test Track in the single ride line, but my kids are older.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)