barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Hatchimal Question for all you Xmas purchasers

Was the Hatchimal worth it? I'm thinking about getting DD one for Easter. She got a furreal friend (Bootsie the cat) for Christmas and has had the best time interacting w/ that fake cat I ordered one through Walmart but haven't picked it up yet; also, my Target has them.

If you DID feel like it was a decent toy- is there anything saying Walmart's Vs. Target's were better? I know there are specific/exclusive ones for each store...she doesn't really care *which* one, I don't think, but I would really like for it to work reliably, of course. Just wondering if all the ones I've heard negative reviews on came from one store or another. TIA!
    Last edited by barkley1; 01-17-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My kids (8 & 4) had fun hatching them, made them a little house/bed, played with them the next day or two, and then completely forgot about them.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD (8) loved the hatching process but hasn't played with it since. It's totally her thing though so I think she will be interested in it again. It goes through stages... baby, toddler, kid. I'd say worth it at $50 but don't over pay for it. No idea about the Target vs Walmart ones other than different colors/animals.

My niece got one for her late November birthday. According to my SIL she played with it that weekend, and then never again. Luckily, she got it for regular price.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!