Thread: Sick in Disney

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Sick in Disney

We arrived in Disney yesterday and wound up with DS throwing up tonight as we came home from the fireworks. It had been running rampant at school before we left but I was really hoping they didn't get it...no luck.

Has anyone run into this situation? What did you do? Skip parks for everyone until that child was feeling better or send part of the family? Is disney helpful at all about rearranging plans or needing to cancel dining at last minute in this situation? Of course tomorrow is the day we had planned especially for DS as his favorite characters/rides etc are there. So sad for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That sounds horrible. Poor guy. I don't have any suggestions, but I do want to say just watch him and maybe it's not a virus. I threw up after our first day at the parks when we went last year and was sure I had a virus and spent most of the night trying to figure out what to do, but I was fine the next morning. I think it was just the traveling and eating different (rich) stuff. P&PT that he's ok.

I guess I would probably try to figure out a way part of the family could go. Sorry you are having to deal with this.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh no!! I haven't experienced this but did have to cancel a meal after the official window for another legit reason and they were fine with it. I'd call and at least cancel tomorrow's meals so you have flexibility. I would be really surprised if they charge the cancelation fees with the stomach flu.

I hope your child recovers quickly and no one else gets it!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Oh, I am sorry . I hope he's feeling better today.

I'd send everyone else to a park today, maybe after a lazy start. Do what they can, but try to rearrange so his favorites are another day instead. If he's feeling better, I'd take him out in mid to late afternoon for the rest of the day.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Sick in Disney

I'd send everyone who could go but have them talk to guest services about your predicament. I've heard they will really hook you up and help you out in this case, like fast pass arrangements and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Oh, I am sorry . I hope he's feeling better today.

I'd send everyone else to a park today, maybe after a lazy start. Do what they can, but try to rearrange so his favorites are another day instead. If he's feeling better, I'd take him out in mid to late afternoon for the rest of the day.
    This is exactly what we did last time we were there with the whole family. DS1 threw up our first night there. The next morning, he and I stayed behind while DH took the other kids and his parents to the MK. DS1 never had a fever, and by late afternoon he was feeling fine, so we joined the family for a low-key rest of the day. It was a different decision than I would have made at home, but since we were at Disney and I really didn't think he was actually sick, that's what we did. We had no other issues for the rest of the trip. Since some of our party showed up for our lunch reservation, we weren't charged a no-show fee. I think they would have been understanding given the circumstances though.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for all the advice and commiseration! It worked out in the end without missing too much with some help from the concierge and some serious rearranging!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains