petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Anyone carry their babies low?

I need some commiseration here. This baby is so much lower than my first two! I get so many internal bladder/cervix kicks and hardly ever feel outward movement. I'm only at 28 weeks but I waddle like I should be giving birth tomorrow. I have started having more back and pelvis pain (anyone care to recommend a pelvic support belt? I think I need one.) and when I sit down I can literally feel the baby pushing on my hips and pelvic bones to get more space. Walking is so awkward and hurts my hips. It is so uncomfortable! I haven't had too much to complain about this pregnancy but I have a feeling that this last 12 weeks is going to be incredibly miserable.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

DS3 was SO low I always said it felt like he was going to fall out of my vagina. The good news is he moved up (or I think maybe just went from laying across me to laying breech/head down), but I was actually way more comfortable the last couple months of my pregnancy then I was from 24ish-28ish weeks. Fingers crossed he moves into a more comfortable position for you!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No experience but maybe try some cat/ cow yoga poses. They always gave me some relief in the 3rd trimester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Anyone carry their babies low?

DS2 was so low. I got so many comments. It must be a boy! When are you due? You have definitely dropped.

I did prenatal yoga during that pregnancy and I think it helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS3 was very low. I'm not going to lie, it was very uncomfortable but finding the right positions for sitting and moving made it a lot better. The only plus side is that DS3 brought no new stretch marks and my body recovered very quickly. In contrast DD was very up front and high. It was such a comfortable pregnancy but unfortunately my body paid the price.

My last one was very low, but head down the entire time. So much pressure on my right hip, bladder. A support belt helped a great deal until 35 weeks. I ordered one off of amazon. It wrapped around the hips and had a strap that went across the top of the belly. After 35 weeks, nothing helped.

YES!! And I highly recommend buying at least one support belt. I rotated between a Belly Bandit and an It's You Babe Best Cradle. They helped, but I can't say I wasn't still uncomfortable. I liked having two different types of supports that allowed me to mix up where the weight was being distributed. Good luck. I feel your pain!

No experience but maybe try some pre-natal yoga....nothing too hard! Hopefully you get some comfort soon