twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Clothes for long-torso skinny kids?

Specifically tops. DD2 has a really long torso and tops that fit her everywhere else are too short or sleeves not long enough. If I size up to get the right lengths, she looks ridiculous because then everything is so boxy on her (and she hates that too!). She also likes wearing her waistbands low for comfort, which makes the problem worse

I don't have problems with pants (thank you, LE slim sizes!) but does anyone make tops in slim sizes for kids who need LENGTH and not width? I love HA quality/softness (and so do DDs), but it's TERRIBLY boxy.

I'd love to know this too!! I've liked LE slim swim suits but am stumped on tops too

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's been a while since I posted this so a small update! Interesting, I've found Old Navy tees to work well on my skinny long-torsoed girl. I have to size up to a L or XL to get the needed length, but the clothes aren't anywhere near as boxy as HA. And picky, clothing-sensitive DD really likes their graphic tees and dry-fit athletic tees - they are thin, soft, and comfy - great for summer.

Polarn o Pyret. The quality is better than Hanna and the clothes fit for a long time. I had a tee for DS2 which he wore from 8m-3yrs, no kidding. Even now he regularly wears their Ts for atleast 2 years. They are slim and long. LE slims don't fit DS2 so he's slimmer than most slim kids.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11