MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Scooter Q - 2 wheels!

DD9 and DS4.5 both want 2 wheel scooters.
    DS currently has a micro kick board mini (passed down from DD), and DD current has the micro maxi (hoped to pass this to DS when she got a 2 wheel).
    All these have 3 wheels, and have been very well-loved, and I can tell are well made.

What about the 2 wheel kick scooter category? Razor is everywhere and cheap (which model- A3 for bigger wheels or something else?). Micro makes something called a Micro Sprite that looks nice, but costs $$ more. Other brands?
    I am concerned that I need something smaller for DS who is a daredevil, but is not even 5!! He is average size for his age.

What say you, wise BBB?
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

I think the razor scooters are absolutely fine. We have about a million of them and any of the smaller wheeled ones are fine for ages 4-10ish. My DD (age 8) now has an A3 as well and I do think the ride is a bit smoother but it's too much for my not quite 4 year old to handle. He can ride an A or A2 and especially loves the light up wheel feature which we have on the scooter that lives at grandmas. Depending on your kids personality is probably get them both the same model to avoid fights. I imagine they will still ride the micro scooters plenty but having two wheel scoters to add to the many wheeled things is fun and can certainly be cheap if you watch for deals.
    Last edited by Snow mom; 02-27-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13