Background: Our current dog is absolutely wonderful. We all love her. But she was not thought out and was an emotional, impulsive shelter adoption when our previous dog died unexpectedly. She is getting older and I would like to have put some thought into our next dog when she passes.
I want something that sheds very little or not at all. I had thought a greyhound would be perfect. But DH wants something "fuzzy". I never had considered any of the doodles because I can't justify paying thousands for a mix when shelter are full of mixes. I worked in animal shelters for a while, so I have a hard time with paying a breeder for a pet in general. But I understand there are good breeders out there that are not contributing to the massive pet overpopulation problem.
I have seen many of you post about your love of the Australian Labradoodle. Are they an actual, recognized breed? What's good about them? Bad about them?
There is a breeder not far from me. The cost is $2800, which seems crazy to me. But from what I have seen, that's the going price. Am I correct? This breeder is a 'Golden Paw breeder' with the ALAA. That good, right? Their breeding dogs all have been tested and cleared for hips, elbows, eyes, heart and a bunch of other things. Does this seem like a good breeder? What else should I look for?
TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains