Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bras for full chest?

My DD1 has my genes, I'm afraid, but mixed with her dad's it's given us a strange problem...She's quite thin (98lbs, 5'4") so her frame is tiny, but she's full busted. I did her measurements today and I came up with 30 DD. I can't even find this as a size at the places we normally shop. Does anyone know where I can find bras in this size that are appropriate for a 12 year old? TIA!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Bare Necessities online is a great resource for bigger cup sizes. Their customer service is great, and they'll help you find the right size and type of bra. You can keep making exchanges until you find a good fit. Of course if you can find a brick and mortar store that can do a proper bra fitting, that's ideal, but if not, contact Bare Necessities and ask for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by megs4413 View Post
    My DD1 has my genes, I'm afraid, but mixed with her dad's it's given us a strange problem...She's quite thin (98lbs, 5'4") so her frame is tiny, but she's full busted. I did her measurements today and I came up with 30 DD. I can't even find this as a size at the places we normally shop. Does anyone know where I can find bras in this size that are appropriate for a 12 year old? TIA!
    I have found Nordstroms (not a place I normally shop...) to be really good at both measuring and stocking a wide range of sizes. And I think they have a bigger selection online if they don't have what she needs in store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Amazon. Go to Nordstrom and see what fits then shop on Amazon when you need to replenish bc they sell so many bras at good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I have found Nordstroms (not a place I normally shop...) to be really good at both measuring and stocking a wide range of sizes. And I think they have a bigger selection online if they don't have what she needs in store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ITA. I'm a 32FF and Nordstrom has been the only place I can go for accurate sizing and selection. I also agree with PP on restocking from Amazon once you find a style that works.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another vote for Nordstrom. Their associates are extremely knowledgeable and will know exactly which styles and brands will be best for her.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love Nordstroms for bras. That is all I buy there, but it is the only place I can find my size (and even then, they only have 2-3 that actually fit me)
    mom to Billy 12/07

erosenst is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD is 13. At 12.5 took her to Nordstrom and she's a 30DD. They had several in her size. She liked/got the Chantelle convertible to wear when she needs a "real" bra. For everyday she wears decently supportive cami style sports bras from Target.

The Chantelle are *expensive* but unfortunately they all are in those sizes.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Nordstrom is great. I'm a DD and I love my Chantelle bra. Off to check Amazon. Thanks for the tip!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Thanks everyone, we hit Nordstrom today and bought her a couple that work for her. I'm relieved to have a solution, but ouch on that price! LOL
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast