Default Kid friendly cookbook?

DS1 is becoming slightly pickier about his choices nowadays, and this is a kid who would eat anything and everything but potatoes. But between his new texture and DS2 allergies, mealtimes have become challenging. I told DS1 he'll get to help me plan out our weekly meals by giving him a choice of 2 different entrees each evening. I want to pick those two and he gets to pick one of either.

Any cookbooks that's visually appealing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This is hard because you have the added wrinkle of allergies!

DD likes to look at recipes in Chop Chop magazine with me; we have made a few of them together. She likes their recipe for beef stew; I like their recipe for cassoulet.

If your DS1 wants to learn to cook, I recommend the Kuhn Rikon Kinderkitchen Dog Knife, poly cutting boards from IKEA (for non-slip, put a damp paper towel or piece of rubberized shelf-liner underneath), and Kuhn Rikon Swiss Peeler vegetable peeler to start his kitchen tool collection.

As for cookbooks, it's really dated, but I recommend Pretend Soup and Other Real Recipes by Mollie Katzen because a child can follow every recipe independently as long as they have tools that fit their hands. The ones I recommend above are good starts and MUCH safer than the ones recommended in the introduction of the book.

My friend who has 5 kids likes Emeril Lagasse's There's a Chef in My Soup!

I also like the way the recipes are written for the American Girl cookbooks.

If this isn't what you're looking for, do clarify what your intent is.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle