Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I throw keens or other water shoes in the wash at least once a week... It's no big deal. Just make sure to use a laundry bag so the Velcro doesn't attack anything else. They dry overnight under the fan.

ETA: chacos are what everyone wears around here, in the middle School up to middle age parent s. I haven't seen tevas in ages.
    Last edited by abh5e8; 06-13-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    DD (11) wears a ladies size 8. She wears flip flops and sandals. I just bought her some new keens...they are a new type that's like a stretchy cord woven all over the shoe. Since I'm only a 1/2 size bigger, I tried them on and they are super comfy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Can you link to these please?

DD1 still loves her Keens at 11. We live in an outdoorsy community with lots of adults wearing Keens so they're standard here. Otherwise, flip flops, dressy sandals, Converse or Nikes.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Can you link to these please?

DD1 still loves her Keens at 11. We live in an outdoorsy community with lots of adults wearing Keens so they're standard here. Otherwise, flip flops, dressy sandals, Converse or Nikes.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019HDRZDK...ATC?th=1&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Dd1 has never liked water shoes so she just wears flip flops (loves Sanuk, which I get at Nordstrom Rack) or whatever sneaker she has; right now she has a pair of New Balance, and a pair of Champion from Payless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

DD2 just wears tennis shoes every day. I just talked her into a pair of Chacos this morning. They'll be here tomorrow, just before she leaves on vacation. Hopefully she will love them as much as I love mine.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    DD2 just wears tennis shoes every day. I just talked her into a pair of Chacos this morning. They'll be here tomorrow, just before she leaves on vacation. Hopefully she will love them as much as I love mine.
    Can you link to the Chacos you got her?

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Can you link to the Chacos you got her?
    Of course! I think I might order some for myself as well. I don't know why I didn't think of ordering a kids shoe. I have brown/grey/brown, but I would like some that that would look good with black.

http://www.zappos.com/p/chaco-kids-z...ems-orderItem1

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My dd is ten and still wears the regular looking little kid keens... But when she outgrows those, I will suggest the chacos. I much prefer that look to the bigger keens or tevas. (But I realize that may just be regional and/or personal preference.)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Of course! I think I might order some for myself as well. I don't know why I didn't think of ordering a kids shoe. I have brown/grey/brown, but I would like some that that would look good with black.

http://www.zappos.com/p/chaco-kids-z...ems-orderItem1
    I love ordering kids shoes! I wear a 6 in women's shoes, and have several pair of casual kids shoes in size 3.5-5 depending on how the shoe runs. A lot of times they are the same or very similar to the adult version but cheaper
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just ordered DD1 the Keen Moxie and the Newport H2 sandals from Zappo's - we'll keep one of them for her to wear this summer. She's already a women's 7.5 so I had to buy her size 6 kids!

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2