Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What summer shoes does your 11 yr. old wear?

DD1 has very picky feet, its always a hassel trying to find shoes she likes both the style and the fit of. In winter we're good with sneakers and boots for school and she also had a pair of black Mary Janes she would wear to church sometimes (though usually she opted for her boots). Now that summer is here I'm stuck on what to look for. She has some cheap sandals from Kohls (bought on clearance last year) to wear to church but I'm not even sure if they are going to last all summer and they offer no support for longer length wearing. She hates to wear socks when it is hot. When she was younger we loved Crocs, then she got to that in between size where Crocs looked huge and ridiculous on her. Last year she had Keens but then stopped wearing them because she worried that they made her feet stink. Same with some sport sandals we bought from Kohls. I have Teva sport sandals but I haven't seen kid ones in local stores for her to try on. And she only likes the one style of Keens (we tried many last year). She would live in Old Navy flip flops if I let her, but I don't want her running around in the yard or at playgrounds in those. She is in between a size 3-4 right now. What do your daughters wear?

DD (11) wears a ladies size 8. She wears flip flops and sandals. I just bought her some new keens...they are a new type that's like a stretchy cord woven all over the shoe. Since I'm only a 1/2 size bigger, I tried them on and they are super comfy. DD also wears sneakers and converse. She has also started borrowing some of my sandals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD just turned 11, but last year she was wearing Keens for summer camp and crocs or flip flops for pool/beach. My DD is a size 5 kids but was sized at REI as a size 7 women's! She definitely needs sports sandals not something dainty and pretty as she is super active and would destroy anything weaker. We'll probably continue with Keens - there are some open toed styles that might allow for better circulation to avoid the stink factor. Because it's fairly cool here in the summer, she frequently wears those with socks!

for Sandy Hook

Try using hand sanitizer on her feet before putting on the Keens. It has really reduced stink here.

My DD wore flip flops, Teva (amazon free returns), and tennis shoes.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Dd is 10.5. she has running​ shoes, flip flops, keens and a pair of Merrill minimal water shoes that kind of look like running shoes. I toss them all in the washing machine pretty frequently in the summer.

She also has a pair of strappy leather like sandler's for church.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    Try using hand sanitizer on her feet before putting on the Keens. It has really reduced stink here.

My DD wore flip flops, Teva (amazon free returns), and tennis shoes.
    We tried the hand sanitizer last year and I also would wipe them down with Wet Ones antibacterial wipes when she took them off. Even so she wanted them washed after every few wears. She does tend to have strong smelling feet, DD2's keens weren't nearly as bad unless she wore them all day long non-stop.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Almost 11, DD's size 7youth/9women's feet dictate we can only buy kid sizes online (they cost less) so it's slim. DD has 1)silver saltwater sandals 2)red Keen seacamp II 3)croc t-strap flip flops 4) adult-sized Asics and 5)all the rest of MY shoes like some thrift shop (new!) Chaco Mary Janes, Merrell Mary Janes, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD is 11 and wears a size 9 womens. It's not summer here yet, but my DD lives in sneakers and flip flops in the summer. Sneakers for camp, flip flops the rest of the time. I've stopped buying the water sandals like chacos or keens because they never get worn.
    Kids used to always have a pair of crocs to slip on, but I think they've outgrown that trend. We'll see! I now wear the hand me downs as we all have basically the same size feet at the moment.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Chacos or Tevas

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My 12YO wears Teva sandals ...
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast