DS is almost 6, and has had about a handful of dry nights since potty training around 4. After reading many threads on here and not wanting to wash sheets every day, I haven't pushed it and he has been wearing pull ups. Well, lately he has started asking to wear undies to bed and saying he can stay dry. We finally let him on Sunday night-and he was dry all night! Then on Monday he tried again and he peed at some point in the night. Then Tuesday night he went potty before bed and then got up probably 4 more times to pee before finally falling asleep. He still peed in the night. I asked him if he was having a hard time falling asleep because he was worrying about staying dry. He said no, but I do think it's stressing him out. Last night, he peed before getting into bed, then got up twice and went. DH told him that was it- no more getting up to pee. About 20 minutes later he got up with wet undies! He hadn't even fallen asleep yet!
Anyway, DH and I feel really bad about this-I can tell he wants SO badly to be successful and get out of pull ups. And I don't know how to help him! It's making me so sad for him. I want to take advantage of his desire to night train but I'm not confident he can stay dry on a regular basis. He has never been a great sleeper and just started sleeping better within the last year, so I'm hesitant to do anything that disrupts his sleep, but maybe I should be waking him up in the night to go. Or maybe we should get one of those sleep alarms. Advice please!!