Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    He's still young for staying dry at night. My pediatrician doesn't discuss options until 8 years old. It is not something he can control on his own. His body has to be ready. If it really bothers him I would use the alarm. But if you can convince him to stay in pull ups a while longer it may happen on its own. Have you tried Underjams vs Pull Ups? They are more big kid centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I am in the give it time camp. Two kids were dry on their own at night shortly after potty training and one took longer to reliably be dry and wore goodnite pull ups, not the underwear (haven't seen those locally) until first grade. It is tough too, mine wanted to be dry and went potty before bed but it just took longer than for the other two. Good luck and hope he doesn't get too worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    DD uses these - "girl" version, but to be honest the only difference between the two is color/styling because they use the exact same inserts.

I stocked up at Target when they were newly introduced, but have to buy refills on Amazon. (She's probably due for new pants, TBH, because these have seen about 3 years' hard use and are falling apart.)
    Since DD2 had to wear a nighttime diaper or pull-up for more than 5 years beyond when she daytime PT'ed, we've tried them all. Out of the TruFits, Goodnights, Huggies Nighttime pull-ups, generic brands...Underjams were mine (and DD2's) preferred ones. They are softer and thinner, more comfy, more "low-waisted", and made less noise than the others (for sleepover purposes). The TruFit inserts are VERY bulky - like a huge maxi pad. The undies that they come with are cute and soft but the inserts made them not worth it for us...of course YMMV since this is all personal preference!!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    DD uses these - "girl" version, but to be honest the only difference between the two is color/styling because they use the exact same inserts.

I stocked up at Target when they were newly introduced, but have to buy refills on Amazon. (She's probably due for new pants, TBH, because these have seen about 3 years' hard use and are falling apart.)
    Since DD2 had to wear a nighttime diaper or pull-up for more than 5 years beyond when she daytime PT'ed, we've tried them all. Out of the TruFits, Goodnights, Huggies Nighttime pull-ups, generic brands...Underjams were mine (and DD2's) preferred ones. They are softer and thinner, more comfy, more "low-waisted", and made less noise than the others (for sleepover purposes). The TruFit inserts are VERY bulky - like a huge maxi pad. The undies that they come with are cute and soft but the inserts made them not worth it for us...of course YMMV since this is all personal preference!!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I totally agree there's no need to rush it. That said, if he's still really really wanting to be dry at night, maybe consider the Malem alarm. We used it with DD1 at age 6 and it worked beautifully. Best money I ever spent on baby/child gear. Seriously. I think we used it nightly for 2 solid months because you are supposed to continue to use it nightly until they are consistently dry for a number of weeks in a row. DD1 is a heavy heavy sleeper and she just wasn't getting the body-brain signal to wake up to use the bathroom. The alarm somehow helped train her brain to recognize the urge and wake up. Miracle!

And case in point that she's a sound sleeper...she's now soon to be 10 and woke me up at 4:45am to tell me her bed was wet. She was so groggy that she said she thought he was in the bathroom going pee, not her bed! She hasn't had an accident in years!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 8yo was dry early this year for about 5 months. Then he regressed daily, so he’s back in pullups. He’s bummed, and I’m bummed. But I’m not going to wash sheets every day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2