Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    So I know there are other options now but I would encourage you to look at or recommend one of the higher weight seats. I see a mix of Btitax, Chicco, and Graco here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure the higher weight limit matters as much now, as I read new recommendations that they move out of an infant carrier type seat and into a convertible by their 1st birthday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09dbb4bac83a5

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    I'm not sure the higher weight limit matters as much now, as I read new recommendations that they move out of an infant carrier type seat and into a convertible by their 1st birthday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09dbb4bac83a5
    I'd be interested to see what the experts at car-seat.org think about this, Consumer Reports isn't always the best at carseat ratings and recommendations. But I do see plenty of kids, especially in the grocery store who are in a bucket seat and their head is really close to the top of the seat.

I'm also worried, some parents will be confused and think that by moving to the convertible they need to forward face (even though the article says to rear face).

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So, that article is from Jan. 2016, so not really new.

Found this thread over on car-seat.org
    https://www.car-seat.org/showthread....t+after+1+year

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default best seat for infant, high weight limits, ease of use?

I just saw an ad for the Graco Forever seat yesterday and it said on the end in spoken word "with leg extensions to keep your child rear facing as long as possible." The car seat culture has really changed in the last 10 yrs., and for the better so this put a smile on my face even though I don't have rear facing kiddos anymore (and I turned Dd1 at 12 months old in a Britax Marathon in 2007 because I didn't know any better but was in a LBB until 10.5; Dd2 rear faced until just shy of 3 and is still harnessed in one car at 7, and in an HBB in the other)
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-04-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2