94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Aack - sick kids (not mine) in the house

I totally didn't think this through. We're leaving for London in less than one week. Hosted a sleepover for dd1's birthday. Two of the girls have been coughing /hacking /sniffling.

Note to self, dont plan big trip so soon after dd1's bday/end of school. I was so eager to leave that we're leaving the day after school lets out. Should have given ourselves a week to decompress before heading away.

We do not need to catch a cold before a 12 hour flight. Ugh! And if one things for certain, it's that DH always manages to get sick right before big trips. It'll take a minor miracle if he is able to get thru this week.

(typed while girl in background is blowing her nose).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

How frustrating!

yesterday after hanging out with my sister for 30 minutes she mentions she's not feeling well and hopes she's not coming down with norovirus (in our schools right now). I beat a hasty retreat.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.