Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    I don't have Venmo, but I know it is VERY popular with the younger set/millennials. It is owned by PayPal, actually.

I think if you are in a city or surrounded with young adults, I'd bet they are all familiar with it.

It hasn't hit my friend group, but I have been reading about it for a few years now.
    Exactly that. I work with a lot of 20 somethings and had to get one. It's actually pretty helpful when gong out and splitting bills.

I've been on the elementary school scene for over 8 years now but this year was my first school wide view; I'm amazed at how many people send cash to school. I just always did checks and they seemed to get where they were going, but I was in charge of pledge packets for a fundraiser this year and shocked as I opened envelope after envelope with $100-250 cash in it.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    I've been on the elementary school scene for over 8 years now but this year was my first school wide view; I'm amazed at how many people send cash to school. I just always did checks and they seemed to get where they were going, but I was in charge of pledge packets for a fundraiser this year and shocked as I opened envelope after envelope with $100-250 cash in it.
    Our school takes FOREVER to cash checks, so I started sending in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    So many checks don't clear, so many schools around here do cash only. Too many bad parents have ruined it for the rest of us! That is why I wish they would do an online order system, so I could at least do that, as I hate sending in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    Seriously, I read the emails about all this stuff on my phone and it would really improve response time and participation if I could finish the transactions right there.
    Exactly. Do you want to be paid? Then make it easy! Venmo isn't new, and PP certainly isn't. I hate checks. People take months to cash them. It bugs me to have a check floating out there. I want to pay and be done.

What's worse is when I tell someone to just PP me the money. "Can I write you a check instead?" Ugh. Really? Sure. I'll just hope that the next time you see me you will have your checkbook and you will remember to write me a check that I'll probably lose.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    So many checks don't clear, so many schools around here do cash only. Too many bad parents have ruined it for the rest of us! That is why I wish they would do an online order system, so I could at least do that, as I hate sending in cash.
    Our school is the opposite! Everything must be done by check and we can't do anything with cash. Apparently there was a problem!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Our school is the opposite! Everything must be done by check and we can't do anything with cash. Apparently there was a problem!
    Same. No paper trail with cash (unless receipts are issued but that takes man power).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So glad our school takes cash as I have neither checkbook nor smart phone (much less Vemo)

I do have pp but its a toss-up whether I'd get a checkbook or remember the pp password first.

That being said, I'm sorry OP, being the collector of funds for a school stinks ESPECIALLY this time of the year.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post

Paypal has no fees for gifts. So send your money as a gift and there are no fees involved.
    Only if you find it from your bank account, which we do not.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I greatly prefer when they offer to collect with PayPal. I gladly pay the small fee since I have it linked to a credit card, never my bank account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2