boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default Convertible car seat for DH's car

I am looking for a convertible car seat for DH's car. DS is in his car about two - three times a month. My car is the daily driver, etc. DS is currently rear facing in a Britax Marathon in my car, and am very happy with it. DS is 14 months and weighs 32 lbs and is 31 inches tall. .

I am torn between purchasing another Britax Marathon at $250+ or something else. We used Britax with DD, but she was tiny. She used the convertible car seat for years. Then switched to a Frontier.

Should I order another Marathon? Does it make more sense to purchase a cheaper convertible car seat (since he won't be in it everyday), if so, which one? Britax is all I am familiar with. Or, should I purchase something other than a Marathon? Frontier? What will I get the longest use out of?

Thank you!

In DH's car that is rarely used for transporting kids, we used Britax roundabout which is a little cheaper than the marathon I have in my car and then switched to a Frontier.

We are also a Britax family, and we have a Britax Roundabout used rear facing in DH car (and also as our travel seat). I wouldn't recc to turn your LO forward facing before age 2 absolute minimum, preferably age 3, so a Frontier wouldn't work. We have Boulevard Clicktights in both mine (rear facing) and the grandparents car (turned FF at age 2.75). DS will be 3 in a couple weeks and is about 36" and 32lbs and still fits fine rear facing in the Roundabout.

Some other excellent non Britax seats to consider are the Graco Contender and the Graco Extend to Fit.
    DS 2014

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I am going to look into the Britax Roundabout for DH's car. We have several trips coming up, and we will need a travel seat as well. This may fit the bill! Thank you!

I typically avoid Graco car seats, I feel like there is usually a recall of some sort at some point during the use of the seat. I do not recall the Britax seats having recalls.