Thread: DS's naps

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default DS's naps

DS is transitioning from two naps to one. Sometimes it's one and sometimes it's two. The days when we have plans in the morning seem to be the days when he needs a morning nap and the days when we have plans around noon are the days when he refuses a morning nap and needs one around noon. It's so hard to plan anything! I wish he would switch to one nap and be done with it or wait to school starts to go through this transition period.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

That transition is one of the worst and yes, they always seem to be tired when the rest of the family needs to be out and about! I admit we forced Ds3 off his nap schedule one summer because we couldn't make it work for a nap before 2 pm. I just made sure we were extra patient with his crankiness because he was obviously over tired.
    Hopefully your Ds will get back to a consistent schedule soon!
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The transition times do stink. Sorry!

Just remember - the days are long (and painful) but the years are short!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

I sympathize! I still remember ds2 stage from 2 naps to one when he was 15/16 months old. It felt long with that transition, but in reality it was shorter less than 3 weeks to one nap full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    I sympathize! I still remember ds2 stage from 2 naps to one when he was 15/16 months old. It felt long with that transition, but in reality it was shorter less than 3 weeks to one nap full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    3 weeks! I am jealous! I feel like this has been going on for well over a month, probably closer to two.
    Sigh, this too shall pass.

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    3 weeks! I am jealous! I feel like this has been going on for well over a month, probably closer to two.
    Sigh, this too shall pass.

My youngest transitioned to one nap right around 12 months and it definitely took at least two months for the transition. At first it was usually a nap around 10:45a with a new mini nap at 4:30 or so to help us limp through until bedtime, but without fail anytime we had to be out of the house at 9:30 it was suddenly a return to the 9a first nap. It took a couple of months for that first nap to slide until 11:30 so we could actually do stuff in the morning.