Default Life event parties and registries--I'm over it

Deleted
    Last edited by IansMom; 06-21-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Privacy issues

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my! You are certainly not alone in your thoughts about the whole timeline. Wow

Send a wedding gift of your choosing (or don't). It will be ok either way. The housewarming with registry is over the top!
    K

I wonder how old these people are? It seems so immature. Of course everyone will want to celebrate everything with us!!!

I do wonder if the house warming is replacing the wedding though. I've been to very few traditional house warming parties, so that's the one that sticks out.

I knew someone who had two wedding ceremonies a few months apart, and then two years later renewed her vows, with different registries for each event.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

baby present, wedding present, done.

We don't do housewarming presents beyond immediate family. I'd either send a card or just skip it and add their address to your xmas card list.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think it's all ok, but wouldn't feel obligated. I am one that likes to give a small nice token for things, but it doesn't need to be expensive. I've never really seen a housewarming registry. I love going to parties though, so to me it would just be like going to any hosted party where you bring a small housewarming gift. I wouldn't bring more than a tea towel or a trivet though. Like maybe $10 worth. We don't buy cards (they cost more than a little book really, so I'm more likely to pick up an inexpensive cute book and write an inscription). I don't know why they did a registry for housewarming. Did they do it for all the others?
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Thank so for the responses. I think I'll send a "New House 2017" Christmas ornament. And maybe a "Baby 2017" ornament. And a "Married 2017" ornament. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IansMom View Post
    Thank so for the responses. I think I'll send a "New House 2017" Christmas ornament. And maybe a "Baby 2017" ornament. And a "Married 2017" ornament. LOL
    Brilliant idea!
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by IansMom View Post
    Maybe you can have one ornament crafted to combine all their 2017 life events! Lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BananaMama View Post
    Maybe you can have one ornament crafted to combine all their 2017 life events! Lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely! And in the order they occurred!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains