Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I totally agree-2 hours???? Booring. At that point I would be talking to my kids :-)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    That is strange! I have never had that type of conversation with my friends. I don't even own a scale, so I probably wouldn't fit in .

Sounds like me!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Maybe this is why it bothered me so much, I definitely have the most to lose out of all of them! Even so, I don't know.. Who discusses weight loss for over 2 hours?? I feel like weight is such a personal matter and I hate that women compare ourselves to each other in this aspect.
    They discussed this for over 2 hours? Ugh, that sounds so unfun. None of my friends have discussed weight, sizes, or scales, but I will say that many will talk ad nauseum about their workouts, yoga, massages, and manicures. A little of that talk is fine, but it often seems to be the dominant conversation with some people.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    They discussed this for over 2 hours? Ugh, that sounds so unfun. None of my friends have discussed weight, sizes, or scales, but I will say that many will talk ad nauseum about their workouts, yoga, massages, and manicures. A little of that talk is fine, but it often seems to be the dominant conversation with some people.
    Yeah, I would definitely leave that outing feeling very crappy about myself, and very icky about my "friends"..... Sorry you had this experience OP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2