niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What do you use to clean tile and pebbles in shower?

We've got new tile in master bathroom with a pebble floor. It's been sealed and timer told me to seal it once a year. The tile place said any cleaner was fine but make sure bleach is diluted. What do other people use? There's much more glass to clean now and we have hard water too. Loving the new shower as it's so much bigger, but cleaning it won't be as easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We just finished a bathroom remodel and also have a shower with tile walls and pebble floor. And I love it! The pebbles feel so good (ours are sliced so they're pretty flat but I wanted it that way for better drainage). Everything is sealed. For the glass, I squeegee it every time I finish showering - it doesn't take long and so far the glass looks just as clean as day 1. This part I think is the most important, especially with hard water, because you don't want the water drops to evaporate and leave all the minerals behind. The rest hasn't gotten dirty yet but I plan on just using Simple Green, and a brush maybe once a month

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Look for Granite Gold shower cleaner. It helps to prevent the build-up of hard water deposits.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have moderately hard water (8 or so, not 20+ like we had one place). I like Seventh Generation Tub and Tile. It does a good job with the mineral build up. For the floor, where you get oils from feet/skin, I would use something good at degreasing - for us, that is Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks. I'll look into these. I love the shower, but I can't reach high enough to clean the walls/glass

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

You can Rain-X (for windshields) the glass to keep from having to clean it as often. I use a Magic Eraser and Dawn on our glass. Dawn and a scrub brush usually takes care of the walls. If there's mildew (we live in a high humidity area), that gets Tilex. It's the only thing that seems to work well.