Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Love love love Crocs Capri V. I can walk miles in them, but have never been to Europe so I am no help there. The only ones I would wear that you posted are the Olukai ones, but (YMMV).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Those Eccos are the ones I'd for for sure scrap based on looks. Sorry!
    Have you looked at Birkenstocks?

Not strappy, but I just did two weeks in London & Paris with Birkenstocks. Never thought of myself as a Birkenstocks gal, but they were really comfy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    The Teva Mush look cute, and maybe the olukai ones, everyone has a different idea if what the comfort vs style line is, the Ecco and the Keens are way past what I'd wear except for hiking. I've walked Euporean streets in the 80s in Sperrys and flip flops and again in the 90s in the madden black heeled slides. Maybe if you do 3 pairs it will be easier???

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I agree. None of those are what I would call cute or stylish. Maybe it's regional, but around her my mom friends go with chacos for a sport type sandal. And they are super comfy. I would also try Tom's or birkinstocks. How about a small strappy sandal like the Sam Edelman Gigi to wear with dresses for dinner?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Attractive walking sandals for summer Europe trip

Quote Originally Posted by 94bruin View Post
    Not strappy, but I just did two weeks in London & Paris with Birkenstocks. Never thought of myself as a Birkenstocks gal, but they were really comfy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    I can wear Birkenstocks (have the Grenada style) to run quick errands but if I were to wear them on vacation where I was walking miles I would end up with blisters on the ball or arch of my feet (I had a bad arch blister issue with the Arizonas I had in the 90s/2000s). Most people don't have this issue from what I can recall though.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Birkenstocks won't work? White soled, gold?

I LOVE my Teva Tirras. I wear them all summer, and rarely switch to something else, except when I have to get very dressed up. I can walk in them for hours. I've had them for 4 years, wear them every day all summer, and they still look practically new! They come in tons of colours, but I have the brown.

http://www.zappos.com/p/teva-tirra-b...3648/color/139
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I have the Keen Rose sandals and while they aren't the most stylish, they are super duper comfortable. I've used them on several trips where I need to have good walking shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by baymom View Post
    I have the Keen Rose in cascade (dark) brown and find them to be extremely comfortable and the ones I reach for first when we travel and will be walking a lot for many days. They look good with both dresses/skirts and pants. The only thing I wish was that instead of the grey and black sole, if it were just one color, it would look a lot nicer. But, it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    I, also, lived in Keen Rose sandals in Europe a couple of summers ago. I walked, biked, and even did light hiking in them...and then would throw a dress on and go to dinner. Definitely not the most stylish, and a bit less breathable, but they were comfortable and "close enough" in my "must do" categories...
    Just got the Keen Rose in and OMG that sole is amazing. I've been buying my kids Keens for years without realizing how incredible the support and sole is. The only thing is they irritate me where the toecap starts and the sandal straps end. Chafe, chafe, chafe. They're perfect in all the places that are usually "problem" areas for me. Does the toecap thing get easier? Maybe I should look for a style without the toe thing.

Agreed they aren't "stylish" - I should have probably said "not ugly" . Hah - that's a low bar! As for the third pair, I'm hoping to buy them in Italy.

for Sandy Hook

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have 2 pairs of Sofft sandals that I wear almost every single day and have taken to Europe and all our other vacations. They are a tan neutral and seem to go with everything.

Here's my newest pair. I can't find a link for the other pair I have, but they're similar.

Sofft - Womens - Rasida
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0126IKGKC..._vU1uzbX77SM13

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Of the bunch you posted, my vote is for the OluKai's. I'd say they were the most stylish of the five. They kind of remind me of Audrey Hepburn in "Roman Holiday". That said, I do have a bunch of Olukai flip flops...they are okay but not as supportive as some others that I own. I ONLY wear flip flops due to an old injury and require support.

I wouldn't consider the other stylish by European standards.

Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

For walking miles and providing some coverage, I would go with the Keens. They aren't hideous looking, and sometimes practicality wins. Your trip would be hampered by your feet killing you but not by looking less than stylish.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast